Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sleep Issues -

Reasons I do not sleep well at night

1. I stay up to late watching sports - especially football. Late nights and early mornings don't mix.
2. I eat poorly after 6pm (fried or saucy foods) and that often does not set well on the stomach.
3. I have neighbors that play poker outside at midnight. Seriously...!
4. I live close to a school that has a small sled hill and last night we had midnight sledding
5. If I play any Xbox games it is usually late at night and I admit getting into them occasionally.
6. If Christa does not sleep well for three of the above reasons she goes down stairs. I need the body heat, so I get cold and can't sleep.
7. Stress of life
8. Rehearsing sermons and general brainstorming

Not all of these are bad things - some are enjoyable, fun and even productive. Yet I sure do crave a good nights sleep. It would really be awesome to string a couple of night together without an interruption.

Now I will say that on nights that I am not sleeping and normally not always pray. So I have covered some ground this year. Maybe I need to pray for sleep. I don't know how many people have faced these same sleep stealer's - but if you have I am open to your wisdom.

Maybe tonight will be a good night.

Jay

J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

usually when i cant sleep, i just listten to other pastor's sermons, and also just tell God and pray a scripture from psalms: Lord give your beloved sweet sleep because you promised me sweet sleep! :)