Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow Issues

What a paradox. I love to look at snow fall, but hate to shovel it. I love to look at icicles hanging on the tree but hate to drive over it. No doubt my skepticism of what snow could be in Virginia got shattered this weekend. I moved here from Colorado and nothing has come close to a snow storm in the last four years until this last weekend.

When we get stuck, we learn to redeem time. We caught up some as family, played a few games and attempting to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy. We also had some nice time to reflect on the joy of Christmas. Seriously disappointed to miss the Sunday service and postpone the Christmastime musical. I know that there is a plan and that God can use our shuffling of events and timing to make good things happen.

As I sat and watched my two oldest in their choir concert this past Thursday I had a real moment of reflection as the both looked so nice in a tux and dress. Once again time is moving at a speed that I cannot stop. Except for that choir concert - 22 songs. My daughter in the 1st group and my son in the final one so I got all 22.

Enjoy Christmas everyone - redeem time, reflect, and remember the important things in life.

Peace

Jay

No comments: