Thursday, September 25, 2008

Overcoming

Today I sit at this computer stunned, encouraged, and overcome that God is speaking a fresh word to me in a new way. I have talked with many friends, many family members, and colleagues concerning life. Let me give you perspective. Christa's parents live in Baytown, Texas near Houston. Their house was damaged, and they have been living in the church that they pastor for over a week. Power is still out in many areas. I have friends that I have not heard from in that area as of yet.

Others that I speak with , not hurricane victims, but fighting the fight. The struggle, the reality of the harshness of life. Today news of a bailout by the government to avoid an even greater financial crisis than what we are in.

People in the church, hardships relationally, hardships financially. Yet despite all this, there is a Hope. Why am I stunned? In this barrage of activity, morning drive, talk, email check, facebook messages, I have been getting a message. Through scripture reading, through worship songs sent via FB and listening to them in the car, to even an email I received this morning I am invaded with encouragement. I didn't seek it but it found me.

Thanks to all of you that are praying this week. I am so blessed to know that Horizons is a praying church. Persistent prayer will prevail. Let's keep praying, be encouraged we will overcome - God is with us, He today is with me. Thanks Jesus for hanging out with me.

Jay

No comments: