Friday, September 5, 2008

So far so good.

This week like so many others has moved along quite quickly. I find myself staring at the calendar and trying to recount the previous eight months. This was the first week of school. My son Landon is up and out the door with barely an exchange of words. Hopefully a grunt of acknowledgement that all is well, he needs nothing and "loves" school.

Kaitlyn has a French language class at the high school. So to avoid bus rides with an all high school crowd, I am driving her. I have to leave at precisely 7:25 to ensure that we are not to early and forced to stand around an intimidating high school, or to late and thus tardy. I have to say it is really weird to watch my petite eight grade girl marching into that building every morning.

Chloe has the system down. After that first day of thinking "oh no there goes my baby" has been replaced with "daddy you are supposed to drive here, and do this". She jumps out of the van likes she has done it all her life, waves her hand, and zoom gone. Is there anyway that we can keep her five forever? I would love to know any secrets that you may have out there.

I am 40 and loving every minute of it. Football is in full swing and yes I am crashing the diet this weekend. Bring on the brats the burgers, the chips and dip. We got wall to wall games everywhere.

J

No comments: