Tuesday, December 4, 2007

December already.

Can you believe it is December? Yes the holiday are upon us. I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving. My parents were able to visit Christa the kids and I. We had a nice time of relaxation, football watching, and of course eating to much. I bet you had a similar kind of time. We did see the movie Enchanted - and it was great. Consider that I took my 4 year old girl, my 15 yr old son, and my 60 + parents. Everybody loved it, they all laughed a lot and we went home satisfied, so a movie home run for our fam.

It is really starting to get chilly, and their is the forecast for snow. I have to laugh when they mention snow here in VA. The grocery stores all get slammed and all the kids start praying for that beloved Snow Day. We shall see. This weather does make coffee taste better doesn't it?

For those of you that know I am an Oklahoma Sooners fan - I am satisfied with this past weekend. OU beat Mizzou handily and moved up to #3 in the AP poll and the Coaches poll. There was some talk of playing in the championship game. It did not happen as they werre 4th in the BCS final and missed the big game by that much. That is the way it goes. I am very happy to see them play West Virginia in the Fiesta Bowl. By the way OU only loses a couple of players. Their entire offense with the exception of two players returns. The defense virtually everyone. IN other words, I have great expectations for 2008.

Make sure to check the church website for postings concerning our building. You can also listen to past sermons from the church there. Pastor Rich has been speaking on the topic Life Swap. It has been a great teaching on personality types and how to relate to others. I highly recommend it. On the 16th of the month we will be celebrating all that God has done this past year. When we start to talk about it, and put it on paper, we really are blessed to see what God has done through the ministry.

Thanks to all of you that pray, support, and labor with your church family. I am so blessed to work with you and to see the joy of life change in our community.

Have a great week. Stay warm

J

1 comment:

Mike said...

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Your old CBC buddy from Ohio.

Mike "The House" Houser
www.hollandfirst.com