Monday, December 31, 2007

Okay resolutions

Today is the last day of 2007. We reflect. We then decide to resolve. We then think about how to make 2008 better, even make it great. It always starts with self, and how we can improve so that our quality of life improves. I mentioned in my last blog that I am reading You staying Young. Great book, great practical stuff that we can all use to better ourselves, better our health. I will be applying some new stress relieving techniques into my life - like breathing better, simple yet effective.

So in 2008 I resolve to do some benchmark things. I will finally break the 200 barrier. My weight has fluctuated for years between a low of 202 and a high of 217. Guess where I am right now.? This year, probably in the spring I resolve to get under the 200, and stay there for a week. I then plan on being at just over 200 and staying there for the rest of year.

I resolve to pray more. Really does anyone pray enough?

I resolve to focus more on the moment, and less on the future. That does not mean that I am going to forget the future. But rather living in the moment, and maximizing the moment for the future. It is kind of like the work out. I know I want to be healthy, that is a good visual and all, but when I am working out, I need to focus on making the next step, lifting the next weight, taking the next breath.

I resolve to be a better husband. I don't think I'm bad, but I want to be great. I also resolve to be a better dad. That is not easy with two teenagers, but hey I will give it a shot.

I resolve to Trust God with all my heart and to not lean on my understanding. It seems that this is a true test almost daily to not lean on what I see, read, hear, and comprehend. Trusting God is something we all say we should do, but do we, really. Do we trust for the miraculous? I sure hope that 2008 holds some big things for all of us. It of course starts with faith in Christ.

I resolve to not just do a few things for a few days, but to continually improve who I am, so I can be a better individual for God's purposes.

I resolve - I choose with determination.

See you next year. Let's have a great 2008 (That is so corny, I know)

Jay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about a resolution to PLAY MORE VOLLEYBALL?!?!?

(-;