Monday, January 8, 2007

Learn, live, hope

How are those resolutions going a week in? I make it a point to start my own a few weeks into it. That way I look like I am doing it well, longer.

I recently was reminded via this illustration that God is more interested in our future than our past. He wants to forgive and heal us from that past, but He is very concerned about your tomorrow. Here is the illustration. When you are driving you have a large windshield and a small rear view mirror. Because you need greatet attention to the future (where you are going) than the past where you have been.

So onward, or charge, or go.......... Understand we learn from yesterday, we live for today, and we hope for tomorrow. How you live today, determines how tomorrow goes.

We start our tough questions series this Sunday at Horizonschurch. You can find the postings and more at our website - horizonschurch.com . Tough questions are going to be asked and talked about. We go into this series not with all the answers, but a lot of them. We are not in debate but journey of discovery - asking gut level questions. The aim it to get somewhere from here.

Maybe we all need to continue to seek, ask, knock. God says in Exodus 3 that "He has heard the cries." As a parent I am very concerned with my children and when they hurt, when they cry. Sometimes they have some tough questions, sometimes my answer satisfies and sometimes it does not.

So ask, let's journey together. I think maybe God loves it when we look to Him for answers.

Until next time - Keep journeying - life is a total ride. Laugh, live, love.

J

No comments: