Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Simple things - Passion

I was just wondering to myself what am I passionate about. I know that there are certain times of year, events, and sports teams that I just love and can't wait for. ON a personal note, the older I get the more I enjoy some of the simple things.

I enjoy a cup of coffee on a cool morning, watching the wind blow and the leaves change. I love the crisp evenings, fall festival's. I love a short line for a great ride. I love the smell of bacon. I love the feeling of fresh knit sheets on the bed. I love to watch my kids getting along. I love the weekend of falling back, who doesn't like that extra hour to sleep. I love a good movie, a good laugh, good conversation, and good friends. I love playing Disney Scene it with the kids.

The list could go on, but I do not want to rant. Instead I want to ask you the question? What are you passion about? What puts a smile on your face? What makes you just passionate about life?

I was awakened this morning to the sound of garbage being picked up at 5:45. I did not get immediately up, but laid in bed, praying and pondering this idea of passion. Let us make sure that we are passionate about the right things, eternal things, the Jesus things. I am not passionate about getting up at 5:45am. I am passionate about passion though.

Have a great day. You make the difference in someones life everyday.

J

No comments: