Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wow -half gone already

Well it has been about a month. I guess it was kinda busy for me. Month flew by, and so has the entire first half of the year. I had one of those moments this morning. One of those reflective, take a few breaths, and think about it moments. Man those are hard to come by right now.

Anyhow - I reflect on the year and just have to thank God. I mean really we are so incredibly blessed with life. There are lots of things negative out there. Economy, finances, health. In fact just this week we had several of the known celebrities pass away. There was an impact here as one of my daughter's friend caught 'swine' flu. Another friend has lost her brother.

Another wave of marriages and relationship issues. It always seems as that stuff like this happens in waves. It is very easy to feel overwhelmed by our plight. Yet - the enemy is out to distract and discourage. I am not going to buckle under that. I choose life...sometimes easier said than done, and much easier typed than lived.

After my pity party - I dust myself off and look at scripture which reminds me about my job, and every believer's job. It reminds me that stuff happens. How we respond is the test of our character.

Be encouraged as God is real, moving, and changing lives. If I press on and really live this stuff - He will change mine to. Look around folks - count your blessings. Remember no matter who you are - it could be worse. No matter who you are - when you are at bottom the only direction is up.

J

No comments: