Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Unlearning Rebellion

Can I tell you that some of my favorite movies are when the little guy rebels against the injustice of some big entity to revolutionize the world. Kinda like William Wallace. I stood up and cheered at that movie. I think that rebellion can come to all of us pretty easy. It is our human nature if you will. Their is something in many of us that wants us to stick it to the man. Yet life is not like the movies - "Rebels with a Cause" sure can come off like rebels. I wonder if there is another way to get things done.

I love this phrase "Your ultimate position is found in a life of submission". I have to tell you, that is often times tough to submit. Yet all of us that fight against submission find themselves fighting an uphill battle. We often think our way is the best way.

We have to unlearn rebellion and learn that God has a genuine better way. We have to get under His authority. We have to learn that hearing about or reading about how to do life, and really doing it are different things. To unlearn "dig out" the natural rebellion that is within us. So were do we begin - God's word.

God's word is a light, a lamp, a letter, and a lunch. Ultimately it is life. SO I guess I should read it, study it, and live it out. Maybe you should to.

J

No comments: