Thursday, February 7, 2008

Oops

I guess you could say that I stuck my foot in my mouth this past Sunday. In the 11am service, while talking about the tongue, I made mention that my beautiful wife was holding up well for her age. Yes, I know, it just came out. I had several people comment to me afterward. You know that I did my best to explain it away, but only dug deeper. I am paying for it this week. I make this promise to make it up to her as we go into Valentines day.

The funny thing is that I just had made a point to tell the truth with tact. The quote I used was that "everything that is said must be true, but not everything true must be said." I guess you could say I should listen to my own advice. It really is tough to be caught in your own words. The scripture is very true that the tongue is full of life and death, so be careful out there.

Speaking of Christa though, my wife looks great. She is doing much better than I am. I look at pictures of Christa and I from just a few years ago, and think what happened to me. The hair thing is what it is. Everything else I do have control over. I have renew my commitment to health. I want to get better. I know how to, now the hard part, doing it. The doing is hard for all of us, but the payoff it great.

I am learning and growing. Keep on keeping on.

J

No comments: