Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thanks for praying

Hello everyone

Well it is raining today with a forecast for more - so anyone who read my last entry and prayed, thanks for praying, it worked. I love it. It finally is a little chillier with the rain and the wind. Hopefully this will continue and lead us into the winter.

Don't forget everyone that this is NOT the weekend to set your clocks back. We do have to wait one more week. Of course it can't come fast enough as we all love that extra hour of sleep. I love how dark it is in the morning, makes it hard to get up, but it is awesome to watch the sunrise.

I am going to be speaking on Pride this Sunday at Horizons. I have been brainstorming on if there was ever any prideful moments. I didn't think I had that many until I asked my wife. She reminded me that I have made just a few arrogant mistakes in life. Hey you have to. It is a difficult balance between humility and pride. I mean we are made by God, that is good. However life is not about us. Balance really is tough because we all have a self centered nature. We talk about mine, I want, I need. We focus on self. This is a huge character assassin - Pride.

I have to keep mine in check, I have to keep recognizing that it is God's amazing grace. I am smart enough, I am sharp enough, I am wise enough, to know that I am not smart enough, sharp enough, or wise enough. I just want to get better today, and then the next. I think when you and I concentrate on our character, we can change the world around us. That is the kind of stuff that makes God smile.

Now praying is very important, because we make the move to spend time with the Lord. The more we pray, the more we rely on Christ to meet our needs. It is a wonderful act to humble ourselves before the Lord, to repent of our misdeeds and seek Him for our lives. So thanks for praying - we really needed the rain here - and we got it. Thanks God, we couldn't have done it without you.

Keep praying, watch the pride, and pursue His purposes.

J

No comments: