Thursday, April 3, 2008

Let Hope Rise

Hello everyone

It has been a few weeks since my last blog. So much has happened. Some good, some bad. I know that many of you can relate. I must confess I have had a hard time staying up. It weighs on me to talk to so many that are hurting and going through difficult times. Especially true when they are people that are close to us.

Last week the family dog, Thurston, was hit by a car. He had been staying with my parents in Florida. They are heart broken to lose such a dear pet that was truly a friend to the family. I will never forget bringing him home to meet the kids about 5 years ago. It is tough to see him go.

As I look around I can see that Spring is trying. March came in like a lion, and frankly outside of a few days, stayed pretty cold. In fact today - April 3- it is sleeting outside. Neverthless the cherry blossoms have blossomed and I even wore shorts just a few days ago. Spring is coming. Let Hope Rise folks. We are here for each other. Let's pray and continue to journey together.

On that note - Horizons provided 728.7 lbs of food for the Serve organization. This was amazing, and the director was just flabbergasted at the amount our church brought in. Great job everybody and thanks for all your contributions to the Kingdom of God.

Let Hope Rise, His Grace is enough for all of us. I think Pastor Rich's message this Sunday will be very timely. Grace to stand. That is so true, but sometimes hard to do. Stand. His Grace will provide hope to carry on. Let's keep going folks God is awesome.

Keep watching our land, some exciting stuff is going to be happening in just a few days.

Shalom

Jay

No comments: