Tuesday, February 13, 2007

From the Inside out

Have you ever heard the old phrase "garbage in, garbage out". Maybe you have heard the illustration of a tube of toothpaste - when squeezed what's inside will come out. Isn't that true about us. I mean I am bombarded with 80's music everywhere. It's in my kids shows, movies, sitcoms, department stores, it's everywhere. I seem to know most of those tunes and can sing right along.

That is why it is so important for us to fill up on Jesus stuff. I have recently just saturated my spirit with worship music. I am playing it in my prayer time, my car, Itunes in the office. I have found myself going to sleep with these tunes in my head. I wake up to them, and I think they are building me, nurturing me in my own personal walk.

We have finished one week of fasting. If you are new, or didn't know we at Horizons church are going to be fasting until Feb 25th. During this denial of personal wants, we are focusing on hearing the Lord and growing in our faith. This I do know, when God's people do humble themselves and pray, God does some big things. So let's expect, let's believe.

Keep on keeping on - God bless you all

J

No comments: